In my working life as an Architect, academic and as a consultant to corporations (management and innovation), I have found myself solving problems and addressing issues in a different way to what most other people do.
This different way of doing things, knowing, understanding and making sense of the world is what I am going to explore in my blog. Following Linda Silverman’s work, I strongly fall under the category of being a ‘Visual Thinker’. Hence, the name of the blog – “Visuality”.
This blog explores visual thinking and a variety of issues relating to visual thinking. It will span theory to practice and, at times, topics might appear to be thinly connected. I will be building a model, through this blog, that will be useful to business for better problem-solving.
The questions I’ll be mainly exploring are:
- What is thinking?
- What is visual thinking?
- Why are we becoming aware of visual thinking as a process?
- Is it an important aspect of thinking?
- How does it differ, if at all, from other forms of thinking?
- Is visual thinking reserved to some privileged few or does every mortal have this ability?
- How can visual thinking be used?
- What are the benefits of visual thinking?
I am aiming to write one post per week. If you want to contact me, just leave a comment.